Tips for Watching the Race
Nothing can be more motivating to a runner than having enthusiastic crowd support. Here are some ways you can enjoy the event and help the participants make their way to the finish line.
Recommended Viewing Locations
Be sure to consult the course maps for road closures and route. If you plan to travel to multiple cheering locations, driving and parking is recommended by this MAP below. Please be aware that if you are cheering at a location other than the finish line, you may not make it from one location to the finish before your athlete finishes.
- Mall - 3rd St. and Houston St.
- Poyntz Ave - Poyntz Ave between 14th and 3rd St.
- City Park - Poyntz Ave and 14th St.
- Aggieville - Moro St. and Manhattan Ave.
- Turn Around Point - Kerr Dr. (Walk from parking lot)
- Finish Line - Bill Snyder Family Stadium - 2201 Kimball Ave.
- Use noisemakers – music, clapping, cowbells, etc.
- Don’t say “You’re almost there!” unless they are at least on Denison Ave.
- Make a funny sign
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weathe
At the Finish!
Watch for your runner to turn the corner at Kimball Ave and Gate 8, then make your way to the finish line in front of Bill Snyder Family Stadium.
- You may join them at the finish area, but remember, the food tent is for runners only. You may bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Only Bill Snyder Highway Half Marathon and 5K participants are allowed on the course at the finish area. Please, for the safety of our runners, DO NOT join your runner in crossing over the finish line. Only runners and volunteers are allowed in the finishing chute.